Legal Secretary Job Title
A good job title typically includes a general term, level of experience and any other particular requirements. Job titles are essential for any firm as it helps in representing a formal structure in the organization, for job seekers too, job titles are fundamental, since they reflect the level of the job as well as the responsibilities included in the position.
Legal Secretary Job Titles Example
- Legal Secretary
- Junior Legal Secretary
- Legal Secretary (Litigation/Real Estate)
- Legal Secretary (Part-Time)
- Legal Assistant
Legal Secretary Job Summary
In order to provide a meaningful job description you should start with an appropriate summary of the job position and its role within your organization. A great job summary should provide an overview about your organization and prospects for this position. Outline the types of duties & responsibilities required for the position so job applicants can determine if they are qualified, and if the position is a good fit.
Legal Secretary job summary Example
Our busy law firm is in search of a Legal Assistant to join our growing team. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for supporting attorneys by performing a variety of administrative duties, including drafting legal correspondence, answering phones and greeting visitors and communicating with attorneys, clients and court personnel. If you are a professional with a strong sense of discretion and experience working in an attorney’s office, we encourage you to apply for this position today.
Legal Secretary Job Responsibilities & Duties
Much more importance should be given to this part of the job description - duties & responsibilities. As a rule, the list of job responsibilities and duties should be as short as possible, at the same time you should outline all functions and tasks this position will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the company and who the job reports to.
Legal Secretary Job responsibilities and Duties Example
- Transcribe and proofread legal documents
- File, organize, scan, copy and fax legal documents
- Schedule court depositions, hearings and other meetings
- Make travel arrangements for attorneys
- Process third party and vendor invoices
- File documents with the court ahead of deadlines
Legal Secretary Job Qualifications & Skills
Finally, outline the required and distinguished skills for your position, skills are activities that the applicant can perform based on what they have previously learned, or from qualifications they have obtained. This may include previous job experience, education, certifications and technical skills. While competencies are the traits or attributes you expect the candidate to display in the role. Keep your list of qualifications abbreviated, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
Legal Secretary Job Qualifications & Skills Example
- Associate Degree in Legal Studies or related field required
- 3+ years’ experience as a paralegal or legal secretary
- Familiarity with legal documents and terminology
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Typing speed of at least 50 wpm with a high rate of accuracy
- Able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Courteous and professional demeanor
- Able to work as a team with attorneys
- Strong sense of discretion