A/R Consultant / Accountemps
New York, NY
Successful and result-oriented sales professional and collections specialist with over 10 years in the financial and collections industry. Major strengths in organization, planning, selling and team building. Accomplishing important business objectives by developing a collaborative relationship within and outside the company. Innovative, well organized and proactive. Strong planning and communication skills in Excel, CRM, and Salesforce, Oracle.
August 2016 to December 2017
Collection of all aged outstanding accounts dealing with, trading process, electronic trading for fixed income and derivatives for platform trading.
• Reviewed A/R by region and client with potential issues and handled credit memos, write-offs and updated invoices and billing.
• Communicated daily with major financial institutions, brokerage firms, and Government offices on past due invoices. Also collaborated with third-party A/P departments on past-due invoices.
• Provided detailed reports monthly /and weekly with management on A/R status.
• Worked on various A/R accounts Foreign and domestic, also worked closely with Relationship Managers.
• Maintained accounts DSO ranging from $1500.00 to $4Million.
• Analyze accounts to discover discrepancies. And provided updated contact information.
• Coordinated with all internal and external operations teams to resolve invoice disputes.
• Provided W-9 form and other documents when needed.
December 2015 to May 2016
• Worked closely with account managers and brokers on reconciliation of complex account invoices.
• Assisted in resolving aged receivables 45+ days past due, also prepared account analysis.
• Researched and identified $700,000 in open invoices, determining the validity of payment or submit
for clearance by the accounting department.
• Assigned as A/R consultant to coordinate collections for $20 Million A/R with 200+ accounts at Newmark
Knight Grubb Frank.
January 2011 to January 2015
Responsible for collection of outstanding accounts receivable from the existing subscription and digital media client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
• Reviewed open accounts for collection efforts.
• Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
• Resolved customer billing, invoice and contractual problems dealing with accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner by email and pdf.
• Collected customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
• Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
• Review and monitoring assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
• Managed successful and appropriate repayment plans to improve client retention.
• Provided a single point of contact for the customer.
• Reconciled discrepancies and handled customer inquiries relating to accounting records.
February 2004 to January 2011
• Solely responsible to assist the customer with product functionality of SaaS and subscriptions.
• Provided training to customers on program capabilities, performance, ROI, and extended services.
• Account manager to various financial and government departments, collaborating with technical support, product development, sales, marketing, and advertising.
• Assisted with implementation of RFP process and deliver the final proposals.
• Accounted for an in-depth understanding of company products, industry trends and competition.
• Account management duties targeting, prospecting, closing and increasing revenue with new and existing accounts. Exceeded monthly and quarterly sale quotas.
• Outstanding communication skills with everyone from end users to C-level executives.
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, Sociology, Psychology and Management