Account Executive / Account Development – American Express Global Merchant Services
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
December 2005 to Present
Responsible for maintaining and developing Global Merchant Merchant Portfolio. Overseeing a specialized unit for outbound campaigns and assignments. Managed island blitzes and cold calling campaigns. Extensive negotiation experience with C level clients. Track record of maintaining, and expanding existing merchants’ volume and developing relationships.
• Responsible for the management, growth and retention of assigned small market portfolio in the Western Caribbean of over accounts.
• Met and exceeded scorecard goals by 13% over expected growth for a total of 134,503,714 MM Portfolio from Jan. 2017-June 2017
• Responsible for the management of account portfolio in 3 islands approximately 2,500 merchants
• Proven track record of acting as liaison with customers and internal groups in order to address volatile issues (e.g. fraud) and retain accounts as demonstrated within portfolio retention
• Ability to drive strong results and customer satisfaction in a challenging environment (operational/regulatory)
• Collaborated with World Service Team in Online Merchant Services Tool enrollment for merchants in order to drive customer satisfaction
• Teamed up with Security to implement fraud prevention awareness for merchants to secure merchant retention and satisfaction
2005 to 2012
Responsible for sales, implementation and account development for Corporate Card and Purchasing Card solutions in assigned Global Dollar Card markets. Created and implemented innovative new business development and sales acquisition strategies for the region in order to build market share. Extensive negotiation experience with C level clients.
• Responsible for managing and expanding 120 large market clients and 50 middle market clients
• Responsible for new acquisitions, account development and expansions
• Exceeded goal for Bermuda by 13% over goal representing a total of $51 MM in 2010
• Grew Corporate Purchasing Card in Bermuda more than 600% from the previous year
• Successfully expanded top Accounting Firm’s Corporate Purchasing Card product to pay government taxes, setting a precedent for this type of spend
• Signed Government of Bermuda account delivering $1.2Million in billings during its first year
• Expanded DHL Global Forwarding’s agreement in 13 countries with a charge volume of $ 12MM per year
• Ranked amongst top 5% sales executives for GDC (Global Dollar Card) during my tenure with the team
2003 to 2005
• Conducted Cold Calls to C level clients in hospital industry with an average 125 prospect calls daily
• Generated new leads and clients by call calling hospitals, pharmacies, and Dr. offices
• Built territory of more than $1MM in profit
• Met and exceeded monthly sales quota
January 2000 to April 2003
Segment / Field Producer
• Supported in team in the production of creative shows, stories, and contributed to segment ideas
• Participated in pre-production and field production of stories and shows, including preparing and editing scripts and show segments
Bachelor of Science in Management
Sales Representative / Account Development– with a proven track record in strategic sales, account development, sales, training and leadership for the past 11 years. Strong negotiation skills, excellent presentation skills and extensive experience in International Markets. Highly motivated. Ability to use creativity and imaginative thinking to drive results. Bilingual in English and Spanish.