Authorized to work in the US for any employer
August 2016 to February 2017
2012 to 2016
2009 to 2012
2004 to 2009
2002 to 2004
1993 to 2004
1983 to 1992
1982 to 1983
1978 to 1980
1978 to 1979
M.A. in Education in Counseling and Guidance
B.S. In Psychology in Psychology
Property and Casualty License
August 2016 to January 2018
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS SUMMARY
✓ 30+ years higher education professional ✓ Teaching – classroom and online
✓ 20 years in higher education administration ✓ MS Office Programs
✓ Budget and grant management ✓ Web design
✓ Experienced career counselor ✓ Digital Photography
✓ Course, presentation, workshop development ✓ Database design and management
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE
* Managed all aspects of the Spokane Falls Community College Pullman Campus.
* Provided leadership for Career Development, Internship, and Employer Relations programs at WSU.
* Managed budgets of […] to […] annually (WA state funds: […] to […] annually;
multiple self-sustaining budgets: […] annually.)
* Managed a staff of 10-18 permanent employees and 6-12 graduate and undergraduate student interns,
work-study, and volunteers. Hired, trained, supervised, and evaluated staff.
* Chaired and served on a number of search committees for university positions.
* Served as EEO/AA representative for numerous searches within the Division of Student Affairs.
* Wrote strategic plans, assessed programs and services, wrote reports.
* Assisted with the merger of Career Services and the Student Advising & Learning Center to create the
Center for Advising & Career Development (CACD). After merger, requested role of Senior Associate
Director with responsibility for database management and internship development.
PRESENTATION, TEACHING, AND COUNSELING EXPERIENCE
* Developed and presented hundreds of workshops and classroom talks on career-related topics such as
choosing a major, researching educational and career opportunities, finding an internship, job search
strategies, resume & cover letter writing, interview skills, using social media, and networking.
* Provided career assistance to teacher candidates. Traveled to student teaching supervision locations to
work with student teachers regarding job search strategies, resumes, cover letters, and placement files.
* Taught 100 and 300 level career planning courses, both in the classroom and online. Trained and
supervised other instructors. Wrote and revised curriculum.
* Provided individual and group career counseling and testing. Interpreted vocational assessments, such as
the Strong Interest Inventory, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and Self-Directed Search.
* Presented on various career topics at professional conferences.
* Veterans’ Affairs Contract Counselor (1 year)
* Responsible for interactive TV classrooms and computer labs for online courses.
* Designed and maintained Career Services, CACD, and Senior websites using 2 different content
* Managed the transition (over several years) from paper to desktop computer to Internet access for on-
campus interview employer and student scheduling, job listings, student appointments, resume referral,
Placement File ordering, etc. Currently using NACElink product.
* Designed and maintained MS Access Databases. Configured and updated NACElink database.
* Proficient and comfortable with a wide range of computer programs: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite,
Photoshop, SharePoint, and ePortfolios.
* Skilled user of Lynx, Instant Messaging, Skype and other distance communications tools.