Authorized to work in the US for any employer
October 2013 to April 2016
Accounts Payable Specialist
• Prepare, enter, code, post to the correct period, and send to customers’ commercial contracts invoices and other non-Medicaid invoices and statements as required.
• File and perform data entry for all accounts payables in an accurate and timely manner including posting expenses and disbursements to the correct period.
• Correctly code invoices and check requests.
• Reconcile vendor statements.
• Maintain and investigate any discrepancies with vendor’s statements of account.
• Process invoices & credit memos.
• Verify accuracy and dollar amounts with receiving documents and invoices.
• Generate checks weekly or as often as needed and disburse checks.
• Prepare and pay direct payments.
• Maintain vendors’ information in accounting system including data required for the 1099 reporting.
• Answer vendor inquiries, managerial inquiries, and employee inquiries on a “need to know” basis.
• Gather, develop and complete internal financial reports to Finance Director and other staff as assigned; revise and update reports to resolve difficult problems, improve usefulness and increase efficiency as necessary.
• I also worked on the collection of accounts that still have balance, made sure that all accounts are paid in the time that the contract dictates. Also worked on sending monthly invoices to all our customers and contractor’s. Reconcile all accounts and make monthly reports. Receive payments and put them into the system. Working closely with our contractors to always have a good relationship with them and the public.
Secretary to the Pastor
Bethel Church of God
• Accept all phone calls from people requesting to speak with the Pastor. Accept all visitors requesting to see the Pastor.
• Sort and distribute the Church’s mail.
• Schedule all appointments/meetings for the Pastor.
• Transcribe counseling notes and leadership reflections; decrypt and print out those that are needed for each day’s sessions or meetings.
• Maintain church master calendar.
• Daily wrap-up with pastor at end of workday.
• Prepare counseling notes, leadership reflections, pastor’s correspondence, and memos distributing or mailing the same.
• Prepare visitors letters for signing and mailing.
• Prepare bulletin for Sunday’s service.
• Attend weekly staff meetings taking notes when necessary.
• Produce agendas and minutes for meetings conducted by the Pastor.
• File the Pastor’s papers that are set-aside for this purpose.
• Assist with the typing of annual reports.
• Assist with the printing of the annual budget for the annual meeting.
Iditarod Properties/4th Avenue Theatres
• Audited travel expense reports for accuracy and compliance and issued reimbursement for out-of-pocket expense for the traveler.
• Provided daily customer service to public and clients regarding service, billing and invoices via email, in person and telephone.
• Maintained soft ledgers, accounts payable/receivable on a daily basis.
• Prepared and submitted billing and collection notices to facilitate prompt payment.
• Reconciled, replenished, and maintained approximately 30 tills from $500 – $10,000 for scheduled evening events in the Theatre and on the Railroad trips to Denali, Whittier and Seward.
• Reconciled accounts on monthly basis and maintained detailed accounting files.
• Prepared monthly reconcilement reports.
• Provide change funds for cashiers as needed.
• Verify and balance cashiers’ deposits and starting cash at the end of their shift.
• Prepare bank deposits and secure cash drawers and deposits.
• Prepare daily deposits for pickup.
• Match and verify for accuracy receipts of deposits from the bank to our records.
• Perform cashiering responsibilities when needed.
• Assist with maintaining POS controller and any troubleshooting of the IBM AS/400 and MBS system.
• Assist preparing Daily Sales Report when A/R clerk not present.
• Daily head counts of inmates.
• Daily random drug tests, and room inspections.
• Daily transportation to and from court.
• Generating daily reports on medications provided to inmates.
• Reporting to Anchorage Police Department any inmates that went AWOL.
• Assisted in answering the main lines.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 20 years of extensive professional experience in business, accounting and with the public.
• Fluent in Spanish and English.
• Providing extensive proficiency in automated record keeping, guidance and technical support in financial accounting, budget analysis, preparation and management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and travel.
• Analytical and detail-oriented, able to identify and implement process improvements that increase accuracy, consistency, and efficiency.
• Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word.
• Maintain high standard of service by interfacing well with the staff, public and clients.
• Personable, calm and persuasive in communicating creatively with customers and staff.
• Highly organized, timely, and task oriented. Able to set and meet deadlines and goals.
• Self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions.