Biologics Distribution Manager – OneBlood – South Region
Saint Petersburg, FL
To obtain a position that will utilize communicative, computer, and supervisory skills to help me and continue the company’s growth.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
2009 to Present
• Supervises, coordinates, provides leadership to, and reviews the work subordinates in order to accomplish operational plans and results.
• Responsible for local blood supply and related service to local and non-local customers including deliveries, pickups, and quality control.
• Develops and maintains partnerships with facilities requesting blood products and services, including client hospitals.
• Coordinate technical aspects of blood inventory.
• Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to provide guidelines for consistent management of the development, distribution, and maintenance of policies, processes and procedures for regulated operations.
• Remains current with laws, regulations, and plan design trends, ensuring that the organization’s policies and programs conform to laws and are competitive.
• Hires employee(s), provide on-going assessment and conducts annual reviews.
• Work closely with the Human Resources department to maintain high level of employee relations.
• Ensures productivity, efficiency and quality standards within Biologics Distribution.
• Responsible for Pilgrim investigations, record data collection, analysis and follow-up of issues requiring corrective and preventive actions.
• Visualizes future impacts and needs; implement improvements/changes as appropriate.
• Review of records to ensure accuracy and completeness.
2004 to 2009
• Monitored and organized the preparation of blood and blood components by the Component Laboratory personnel.
• Responsible for the manufacturing of blood and blood components and ensured all quality control and preventive maintenance of equipment performed.
• Prepared shipments of plasma for manufacturing use and maintain accurate records.
• Labeling of blood and blood components.
• Trained new employees and performed annual competencies.
2003 to 2004
• Valet customers’ vehicles.
• Assist customers drop off and pick up vehicles.
• Operate an electronic cash register.
• Organize multiple car keys daily.
• Maintain accurate cash and credit card transactions.
2014 to Present
2002 to 2003
1998 to 2002