Experienced Account Manager, Customer Service Representative, Collections Specialist
Silver Spring, MD
Results oriented Customer Service professional with over 20 years of experience in troubleshooting and problem resolution. Demonstrates strong communication skills and the ability to lead by example in order to foster a professional work environment. A self motivated innovator with a record of success in consistently meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
December 2015 to March 2017
• Interpreted the impact of Federal Regulations and policies on administrative programs.
• Applied formal training to interpret laws to collect a debt under Federal Regulations.
• Managed the rights and responsibilities under the Fair Debt Collection Act.
• Responsible for over 300 delinquent accounts referred to the company to enforce collection action.
• Processed calls pertaining to debt assistance and financial allotments for repayment purposes researching.
• Reviewed credit reports and evaluated information associated with possible legal cases capabilities.
• Adjusted existing accounts and insured proper posting of monies, preparing legal accounts for review.
• Maintained and reconciled up to 200 calls/accounts daily and contractual options to determine the best value.
• Provided support for program planning and analysis activities approach to satisfy the needs of the clients.
• Developed analytical reports with recommendations for collection of funds owed to the client.
• Utilized analytical problem solving methods and assessment of information relevant to laws and regulations.
• Closed accounts and maintained documents, files, reports and requested statements pertaining to debt(s) using integrated reporting systems; reviewing information and skip tracing.
August 2013 to July 2014
• Worked closely with the Maryland attorney for all Circuit and District Court matters; including preparation and coordination of appearances for Complaints, Motions, Interrogatories, Trials, and Garnishments.
• Responsible for collection activities that primarily consist of lawsuits, post judgment activities, and negotiating settlements during the litigation process.
• Managed all accounts with overdue amounts and exert required effort and follow-up to collect past due invoices and reduce accounts receivable.
• Opened, separated, and distributed incoming Court mail.
• Maintained a running and detailed record of each customer contact.
• Drew up Stipulation Agreements for Defendant signatures and file with the Courts.
• Reviewed personal credit and asset reports to determine the appropriate collection strategy.
• Processed Bankruptcies and Proof of Claims.
• Requested checks, assemble court work and mail to proper Courts.
• Understood and complied with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act, along with other state laws and regulations regarding nationwide debt collection.
June 2010 to September 2011
• Reviewed customer accounts for accuracy.
• Answered inbound calls in support of customer needs.
• Provided step by step instructions to resolve billing and account discrepancies that impact revenue.
• Performed audits on account information and processes.
• Analyzed information provided by customers in order to take the appropriate action for resolution.
• Scheduled meter readings and processes account payments.
• Granted extensions or assists with bill collection by initiating turn offs for nonpayment.
• Provided information to further develop unit objectives.
• Initiated or removes penalties/fees and calculates new balance.
• Processed market research surveys with customer base in order to obtain feedback on the quality of service.
March 2009 to January 2010
• Analyzed customer and practitioner requests and matter to determine proper resolution.
• Researched regulations, tax codes, and other sources in order to ensure accurate information is provided to the public, practitioners, legal, and other representatives.
• Prepared documentation of research (memoranda, reports, etc.) on outstanding or ongoing issues for review by appropriate officials & staff.
• Submitted reconsideration of request for waivers of penalties and interest on authorized accounts under review and made recommendations for waivers on other accounts.
• Prepared complex individual tax returns for customers.
• Generated and issued bills and other correspondence to customers after determining tax adjustments or other actions.
• Offered expert knowledge to internal and external customers in a wide range of technical methods, principles, and practices within the Customer Service Administration.
January 2006 to November 2008
• Effective communication skills both oral and written while using independent judgment to handle and resolve complex billing issues within a fast pace office.
• Built effective networks and create synergistic relationships between the company and potential clients.
• Established and maintained customer accounts for installation, disconnection, or changes to there telephone systems and services.
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding corporate requirements for sales objectives by identifying customer needs and recommending products and services.
• Discussed and corrected discrepancies while offering resolutions to disputes, complaints and inquiries as well as interact with other departments on behalf of customer’s telecommunication issues.
• Provided customer assistance in mainframe, microcomputer, or internet problems that escalated to the next level of technical assistance when necessary and provided new user network orientation.
• Technical related work for a majority of the time, providing routine first level technical assistance, troubleshooting, problem resolution and training to new service customers.
• Located accounts, effectively communicating with supervisors, and co-workers acting as a resource providing courteous telephonic, e-mail, and inter-office customer service in reference to customer inquiries.
November 2004 to November 2005
• Researched orders, contracts and payment issues to resolve.
• Processed credit memos, debit memos and customer refunds.
• Identified payment trends and develop strategies to reduce and process delinquent accounts and negotiate payments plans. Adjusted existing accounts and insured proper posting of monies.
• Worked closely with Customer Relations, Sales and Technical Services as necessary to resolve customer disputes.
• Record keeping, data entry, typing, filing, & proofreading of collection efforts.
• Processed inbound calls and made outbound calls pertaining to debt assistance and financial allotments for repayment purposes and also contacted debtors by contacting third parties and sending out correspondences.
January 2003 to December 2003
• Responsible for over 900 delinquent accounts referred to our agency for further collection action.
• Advised debtor of potential collection action on delinquent accounts verbally and written correspondences.
• Provided status updates to clients or attorneys via email and telephone.
• Negotiated payment arrangements with defendants and authorized third parties.
• Researched and collected on complex credit and collections assignments.
• Acted as liaison between clients, attorneys and defendants.
• Located and verified assets of defendants.
• Referred accounts for wage and/or bank attachments or possible judgments.
• Submitted requests for billing and credit statements from the client.
• Corrected discrepancies and reviewed documents for accuracy, completeness, and proof of authenticity. Reviewed credit reports and prepared documents. Closed accounts and maintained the organization’s documents, files, reports and requested statements pertaining to debts. Knowledge of policies and procedures in order to collect a debt under Federal Regulations.
August 1997 to December 2002
• Served as a third party negotiator for major commercial and retail corporations.
• Assisted in training and mentoring of new employees of the company.
• Recovered money owed to the represented clients.
• Requested financial statements from original creditors on behalf of the client.
• Negotiated payment arrangements between the creditors and clients.
• Requested and reviewed client’s credit reports for asset and location information.
• Authorized credit card and electronic check transfers for all collection officers within the department.
September 1996 to May 1997
Over 20 Years Of Customer Support and Accounts Receivable experience.