Consultant – BI PMO/Big Data – AT&T ENTERTAINMENT GROUP- DIRECTV
Santa Clarita, CA
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
May 2015 to Present
• Independent consultant proficient in Waterfall, Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
• Established frameworks for project intake, financial and resource management. Operationalized and mentored Senior Project Managers, Analyst, Development and Testing teams through early adoption and day to operations.
• Implementation of $7M strategic roadmap for Self Service BI at DIRECTV.
May 2010 to May 2015
• Operationalized DIRECTV’s annual planning process for reviewing, prioritizing and staging projects for implementation and release. Sequencing of $150M in strategic and tactical projects that align with business strategy and expectations for delivery.
• Established PMO key performance metrics and reporting to enhance visibility on project performance and resource capacity management.
• Established feasibility review models for development teams to leverage in assessing resource capacity during strategic planning, intake and staging of projects.
• Dual program management responsibilities for Dealer (Callidus) and Supplier Payment (Counterpoint) systems. Systems support payments in excess of $10 billion annually.
• Responsible for annual program budget of $13M.
• Reengineered project roles and responsibility matrix standardizing supporting processes and project management protocols. Optimized project manager and coordinator roles and responsibilities to enable project teams to be more effective and focused, leveraging core competencies.
• Established progressive career development roadmaps for team members looking to make an impact through increased responsibilities and opportunities within the organization.
November 2008 to December 2010
• Provide objective consultation aimed at creating value, maximizing growth and improving business performance by defining technology roadmaps that align to business opportunities.
November 2004 to November 2008
Acquired by Bank of America – Jul 2008)
• Set strategic vision and implementation strategy for multiple continuous improvement initiatives within the Human Resources Division: PMO, Application Development in support of customized and special business needs quickly. Responsible for HR Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, SOX Compliance and Payroll Quality Assurance.
• Pioneered Human Resources 3-year strategic technology and integration roadmap. Identified non-scalable systems leveraging integration heat maps and scorecards. Through operations analysis, effectively stabilized environments through implementation and integration of new technologies, consolidation and elimination of redundant and disparate systems. Business impact, 30% reduction in operating costs totaling $20M over three years.
• Reengineered operational reporting and data services to increase timeliness and accuracy of reporting. Implemented processes to support the demand management, prioritization and accountability for delivery to business expectations. Business impact, reduction in information request pipeline and aging of open request pipeline. Able to bring current the request pipeline in excess of 30+ days delinquent resulting in surplus capacity for team. Surplus capacity was leveraged to increase and expand the reporting and analytics services menu available through Human Resources.
• Designed, developed and established production support teams for custom Microsoft .Net applications to meet specialized business needs quickly. Savings from efficiencies gained and reduction in exposure to compliance and legal issues or concerns were estimated to be in the millions of dollars.
• Appointed to Countrywide’s Executive Risk Management Roundtable Committee representing Human Resources Division.
• Countrywide HRIS Lead during Bank of America acquisition for system conversion and integration team.
• Ability to quickly understanding critical success factors, establish trust and constructive working relationships. Specialized in turning around non-performing or struggling teams and initiatives to meet business objectives.
• Departments and teams established under my leadership were recognized by CIO as subject matter experts and sought after, key participants, for planning or establishing an enterprise/strategic direction.
• Management: 5 direct reports with combined staff of 50+ full time and specialized contract employees.
November 1999 to November 2004
Countrywide Home Loans | Senior Project Manager May 1997 – Nov 1999
November 1990 to May 1997
January 1983 to January 1987
BBA in Finance
KEY SKILLS & AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Distills Complex Concepts Dynamic Presentations-Senior Executives Persuasive Good-Humored Communicator
Independent Decision-Maker Methodical & Creative Problem-Solver Collaborative Team Member
Technology Roadmaps Process Improvement & Cost Reduction Change Management
Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban Methodologies Risk Management & Mitigation Contract Negotiations