CPA – Certified Public Accountant, Guam Board of Accountancy – PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
January 2007 to Present
007 – Current
• Organized and provided regular self-reliance trainings to hundreds of women.
• Guided and counseled 30 young women ages 12 through 17 to promote personal growth and development.
• Taught weekly Sunday lessons to 10 children under the age of 12 and helped them learn strong moral attitudes/behaviors that would be
reflected throughout their lives.
• Directed financial audits for numerous local units in Guam and Saipan to insure accuracy of donations and expenses.
June 2017 to August 2017
• Assessed the Small Business Lending landscape and proposed go-forward strategy for MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
• Drafted Corporate Divestiture Checklist, a step-by-step guidance for business unit controllers to remove a portion of the Bank’s assets under its current business portfolio, used by the Controllers & Tax Services organization of MUFG Union Bank.
• Updated Goodwill & Intangibles Impairment Testing Policy to be used for all reporting units of MUFG Union Bank.
• Reviewed and challenged Goodwill impairment testing for five reporting units: Wealth Markets, Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking,
USWIB and Transaction Banking.
• Improved AP Report that automatically incorporates unstandardized raw data from 2 different sources, allowing users better monitor budget
based on varies of thresholds while saving many hours of analysis work.
December 2012 to June 2016
• Determined ROI on investment properties and created a strategic plan to increase revenue. Doubled revenue in less than 2 years of operation.
• Oversaw multiple real estate property rentals generating over $50,000 in annual revenue.
• Maintained financial controls and managed all accounting and related activities of the business.
June 2012 to June 2014
• Owned and managed daily operations of service business providing accounting assistance and book-keeping services to real estate industry.
• Developed new internal control procedures increasing efficiency and decreasing errors by 25%.
• Provided highly rated book-keeping services to property management companies that managed $500,000 annual revenue rental properties.
• Collaborated extensively with CPA(s) on behalf of clients during tax return preparation process.
• Maintained 100% customers for the duration of the company’s existence.
August 2007 to June 2010
• Passed CPA exams within 6 months while working full time during the busy season.
• Promoted from staff position to senior position in less than 3 years.
• Saved up to 15% of budget time by being strategic in planning and proactive in conducting financial audits as well as effective in communicating audit matters to team members and managers.
• Analyzed financial data to detect unusual financial statement relationships.
• Presented adjusting journal entries and discussed audit findings with clients.
• Reviewed and compiled financial statements under Standards for Accounting and Review Service.
• Managed financial audits under US GAAP for various industries including hotel, retail – consumer products, non-for profit, insurance, and retirement plan (401k).
Master of Business Administration in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Accounting