Director of Human Resource – Nino’s Fresh Cut Fruit & Veg
July 2017 to Present
• Recruiting – approximately 200 line production employees/20 office clerical staff
• Compensation/Benefits – Full scope employee Benefits/Compensation analysis
• Employee Relations – employee recognition, discipline and coaching
• Human Resource Compliance
March 2012 to July 2017
• Served on HR Leadership Team, Employee Stock Ownership Plan Trustee Committee, 401(k) Retirement Plans Committee, Health & Welfare Leadership Team, Open Enrollment Benefits Team
• Administer 401(k) and ESOP Retirement Plans.- Approx 6,000 employees/participants
• Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and assess business needs and opportunities to accomplish strategic planning, processes and execution.
• Partner with regional management to educate the workforce in employee benefits and total rewards.
• Enhanced the department to accommodate a broad diversity of employees, meeting the needs from the baby boomers to the millennials.
• Implemented processes to include programs that assist in the transition from the workforce to retirement as well as moving beyond generational approaches in companywide communications to embracing a more life-stage methodology. Work closely with Board of Directors, Trustees, Third Party Administrators and Brokers to ensure achievement of the chosen “glide path” in retirement benefits.
• Responsible for benchmark, annual independent and IRS/DOT audits, Plan documents, Plan design, Plan conversions, and analyzing Plan functions to identify factors for overall successes or need for change. Continuously identify opportunities for improvement and positive impact through the analysis of data.
April 1988 to January 2010
Mortgage Processing, Credit Reporting & Collections
San Antonio, TX
Corporate Services/Human Resource Manager
April 1988 – January 2010
• Recruiting – approximately 200 clerical and management staff/Career Fair Days
• Compensation/Benefits – Design and analyze total reward program to ensure competitiveness in the market and the attraction and retention of top talent in the industry while maintaining compliance with the legal requirements
• Employee Relations – employee recognition, discipline and coaching, terminations
• Payroll – 5+ ADP & PayChek, QuickBooks
• Learning & Development/Training/Coaching -Lead specialty certification programs for third party collections and mortgage industry
• Employee Handbook
• Benchmarking analysis on compensation/benefits
• Administer business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and compensation philosophy for diverse personnel in multiple locations.
• Partner with department leaders to measure results of organizational development and workforce initiatives. Provide leadership to the HR team in terms of direction, targets and other metrics.
➢ TIME MANAGEMENT
➢ EMPLOYEE BENEFIT ADMIN
➢ ADVANCED MICROSOFT
➢ EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATIONS
➢ JUDGEMENT & DECISION MAKING
➢ CRITICAL THINKING
➢ PROBLEM RESOLUTION
Associate of Applied Science in Human Resource Management
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
January 2005 to January 2018
Only HRCI certifications have earned the NCCA mark of excellence for all seven of its HR credentials. NCCA provides third-party recognition that the credentials you earn from HRCI are valid and of the highest quality. That means you can be sure your credentials adhere to rigorous standards for governance, ethics, responsibility to HR professionals, the examination process and recertification via continuing education requirements.
Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS)
May 2006 to Present
The International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans is the premier educational organization dedicated to providing the diverse employee benefits community with objective, solution-oriented education, research and information to ensure the health and financial security of plan beneficiaries worldwide. The Foundation has more than 33,000 multiemployer, corporate and public sector members representing over 25 million lives. For additional information, visit www.ifebp.org.
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania is recognized globally for intellectual leadership and ongoing innovation across every major discipline of business education. The most comprehensive source of business knowledge in the world, Wharton bridges research and practice through its broad engagement with the global business community. Since the inception of CEBS, the Wharton School has been responsible for all academic standards, including curriculum and examinations. Visit Wharton’s Web site at www.wharton.upenn.edu.
Group Benefit Associate (GBA)
May 2005 to Present
The Group Benefits Associate (GBA) designation is designed to meet the needs of Subject Matter Experts in the Health & Welfare employee benefits arena and all supplement employee benefit plans. The designation requires 3 semester courses over a period of 1 year.
Compensation Management Specialist (CMS)
2006 to Present
Earning the Compensation Management Specialist (CMS) designation is the perfect way to showcase expertise in the human resources and compensation area. The CMS designations covers the principles of human resources, compensation design and administration.
Administrators Masters Program (AMP) IFEBP
February 2014 to Present
Focuses on the enhancement of the skills that are required for employee benefit plan administration.
Retirement Plans Associate (RPA)
2005 to Present
For those who work with defined contribution and defined benefit plans or are involved with the management of plan assets. The courses reflect the most current and relevant information needed to effectively design and manage retirement plans.
Senior Human Resource Professional (SHRM-SCP)
January 2017 to December 2019
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries. For nearly seven decades, the Society has been the leading provider of resources serving the needs of HR professionals and advancing the practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates.
Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC)
February 2017 to February 2019
Individuals who hold the CRPC® designation have completed a course of study encompassing pre-and post-retirement needs, asset management, estate planning and the entire retirement planning process using models and techniques from real client situations. Additionally, individuals must pass an end-of-course examination that tests their ability to synthesize complex concepts and apply theoretical concepts to real-life situations.
All designees have agreed to adhere to Standards of Professional Conduct and are subject to a disciplinary process.
Designees renew their designation every two-years by completing 16 hours of continuing education, reaffirming adherence to the Standards of Professional Conduct and complying with self-disclosure requirements.
Increased retention rate by 75% in high turnover call center departments
Design Total Reward Package
Significantly Decreased Texas State Unemployment tax rate
Decrease Workers’ Compensation Premium 50%
Increase 401K Participation Rate
Decreased Absenteeism by 40%
Design and Implement Pay-for-Performance
Employee Handbook – Policy/Procedure