Effective leader, decision maker, and communicator
To garner practical work experience.
2018 to January 2018
Wilderness First Responder Certification
• Obtained practical knowledge in identifying and treating illness and/or injury under difficult conditions, especially in environments with limited supplies that often require improvisation
• Effective leader, decision maker, and communicator in stressful times.
• Obtained practice in extended patient-care situations where rescue is unavailable or unlikely.
• Practiced in using medical techniques including:
◦ Performing a head-to-toe physical examination
◦ Taking vitals
◦ Reducing some dislocations (anterior shoulder, digits, patellar, and jaw).
◦ Use of traction-in-line to set open fractures.
◦ Administration of intramuscular injections of insulin using both a syringe and an auto-injector.
◦ Administration of nitroglycerin prescribed for treatment of angina.
◦ Use of splinting and immobilization techniques for both useable and non-useable injuries.
◦ Performing a Focused Spine Assessment
April 2017 to June 2017
• Supervised and assisted patients as they engaged in their therapy
• Assisted patients’ transition between therapy types as well as different therapy machines
• Maintained some patient appointment scheduling
• Updated office computer system and internet connection
August 2016 to December 2016
• Helped with scheduling participants for various research studies
• Collected and graded tests and homework
• Organized and prepared data for analysis
• Collected and input data from research subjects
• Proctored exams
• Introduced and oversaw the implementation of research protocols
2013 to December 2013
June-August; Dec. 2014
June-August; Dec. 2015
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology