Electricity Program Manager – National Association of State Energy Officials
September 2014 to Present
• Lead policy analysis, issues development, and project implementation around electricity, renewable energy, and grid integration.
• Administer and support the NASEO Fuels and Grid Integration Committee to examine state, regional, and federal initiatives that affect energy sector resiliency and facilitate the efficient use of domestic resources.
• Engage in relationship-building, coordination, and regular communication across NASEO’s 56 State and Territory Energy Office Directors and staff, the U.S. Department of Energy, national laboratories, private sector partners, and trade associations.
• Lead and provide ongoing planning, communications, and logistical support for NASEO Annual Meetings, conferences, workshops, webinars, and calls.
• Key projects include:
o Managing a multi-state electricity system roadmapping initiative to help states develop holistic approaches to advancing electricity system and related energy infrastructure modernization, resiliency, and affordability goals.
o Coordinating with partner associations to convene and engage state energy officials, legislators, and relevant stakeholders and identify barriers and opportunities for education and training in the solar industry.
o Coordinating with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) to reduce solar soft costs by providing and promoting in-depth solar technical assistance to energy officials.
March 2014 to August 2014
• Developed content in response to Requests for Proposals and in support of new business development. Prepared proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
August 2013 to December 2013
• Researched and authored three case studies documenting best practices by State Energy Offices to streamline renewable energy permitting policies for residential solar, small-scale hydro, and generation siting.
• Communicated with State Energy Offices and conducted research and analysis of energy planning efforts and operational strategies for the NASEO State Energy Planning Database.
• Provided planning, communications, and on-site logistical support for the NASEO Winter Energy Outlook Conference, the NASEO Board of Directors Meeting, and the NASEO Transportation and Fuels and Grid Integration Committees.
June 2013 to December 2013
Researched and authored articles on developments in the oil and gas industry to be published on the EWG EnviroBlog and wrote issue briefs for the executive team. Provided research support on several projects investigating the regulation, production, distribution, and public health implications of hydraulic fracturing. This included reviewing, summarizing, and drafting comments on current and proposed Federal and State legislation.
January 2012 to June 2012
Co-led the ongoing strategy development and management of the Renewables Interactive Map web portal and co- wrote a User’s Manual for future interns to maintain continuity and streamline data entry. This included researching, organizing, and verifying global renewable energy policy, market, industry, and investment data to be displayed on the REN21 online database. Provided research and organizational support for the Global Status Report (GSR), managed incoming renewable energy data contributions from over 80 countries throughout Europe, Africa, and Asia, and maintained communication with contributors to verify accurate data reporting.
Master of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science