Acquire a position leading to managerial responsibilities and a long term career.
September 2014 to September 2017
Full Level Tax Implementation Specialists
* Audit a new clients Federal, State, and Local tax filings, and the amount and timing of deposits for payroll balances prior to ADP.
* Verify tax deduction codes are set up properly for future payroll processing.
* Ensure W2s are calculated and balanced for preparation of annual tax returns.
* Assist client with amending prior quarters if necessary.
* Act as payroll tax expert for Project Manager and other Implementation Specialists.
September 2012 to August 2014
Research and calculate federal and state tax credit for clients in empowerment zones. Calculations are done by using Excel and Access.
January 2012 to April 2012
Prepared individual federal, state and local tax returns including multi-state using Lacerte Tax software.
January 2011 to April 2011
Prepared tax returns for persons with a low to moderate-income, persons with disabilities, and the elderly.
October 2007 to January 2010
* Promoted to Grocery Team Leader from a Scan Price clerk, Receiving Clerk, Stock Clerk and (GRS) Grocery Replenishment Specialists.
* Led and trained a crew of five stock clerks and two grocery replenishment specialists.
* Traveled to over 30 stores in the Atlanta, GA area training the management team and those in the position of Grocery Replenishment Specialists on the new order processing and inventory system developed for Publix.
December 2000 to July 2006
August 1999 to November 2000
December 1994 to August 1999
* Managed 12 to 15 employees who scheduled over 15,000 flight attendants in a 24/7 operation and call center environment.
* Upheld the integrity of the operation by properly staffing aircrafts, maintaining daily and monthly schedules of up to 20,000 flight attendants while adhering to FAA and company guidelines.
* Maintained constant communication to cross-divisional department managers covering operational needs and demands.
* Coached and mentored employees by strongly emphasizing change and conflict management.
* Communicated benefit changes, wrote performance reviews and provided feedback.
* Ability and experience to negotiate and communicate with a diverse and multicultural workforce at all levels of the organization.
* Detail and multi-tasked-oriented leader and team player, skilled in organizing efforts of team to obtain goals in an extremely time sensitive environment.
* Organized, facilitated and presented at meetings for mid-level and frontline managers.
BS in Accounting
Fundamentals of Payroll Certification
* Intermediate proficiency in Peachtree, Visio; and Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Power Point.