Healthcare Consultant – Maxi Return
Atlantic City, NJ
• Seeking the position of Medical Assistant in a challenging healthcare facility where my vast knowledge and experience ofclinical functions and administrative tasks, will be employed in providing exceptional support to Physicians and Nursing staff.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
October 2015 to Present
• Document activities and record information, such as the numbers of persons assisted with ICD-10 training.
• Conduct evaluations and diagnostic studies to assess the quality and performance of ICD-10 program.
• Provide guidance to agencies and organizations on assessment of education needs of ICD-10.
• Coordinate health needs assessments and other public health surveys.
April 2016 to August 2016
• Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
• Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
• Enter data, such as demographic characteristics, history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures, or treatment into computer.
• Compile and maintain patients’ medical records to document condition and treatment and to provide data for research or cost control and care improvement efforts.
• Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations.
• Operate office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories, or medical records.
• Arrange hospital admissions for patients.
November 2012 to October 2014
Main liaison between customers and management .Directed calls to appropriate individuals and departments.Monitored expiration of medical supplies and medications.Maintained accurate records of patient care, condition, progress and concerns.Monitored vital signs, such as blood pressure and pulse.Responded appropriately to the physical, emotional and developmental needs of patients.Obtained information about clients’ medical history, drug history, complaints and allergies.Helped patients move in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs and automobiles.Scheduled and accompanied clients to medical appointments.Clerical duties; word processing, data entry, answering phones and filing.
November 2010 to October 2012
Performed clerical duties, such as word processing, data entry, answering phones and filing.Monitored vital signs, such as blood pressure and pulse.Obtained information about clients’ medical history, drug history, complaints and allergies.Scheduled clients to medical appointments.Transported patients to other areas of the hospital in wheelchairs and gurneys.Conducted venipuncture and other CT procedures.Prepped and draped patients in a sterile fashion.Operated cardiac imaging and monitoring equipment.Collected, organized and restocked supplies in all units.Prepared blood, urine, stool and sputum lab specimens for diagnostic evaluation
August 2007 to June 2010
Obtained pre- and post-treatment vital signs and weight.Measured patient pulse oximetry.Recorded patients’ medical history, vital statistics and test results in medical records.Processed patient specimens according to priority and documented results.Obtained all prescribed laboratory testing.Made appointments in IDX.Escorted patients to examination rooms.Prepared patients for X-rays, electrocardiograms, suture removal and dressing changes.Collected, organized and restocked supplies in all units.Entered patient, procedure and equipment into computer system.Obtained information about clients’ medical history, drug history, complaints and allergies
October 2006 to June 2007
High School Diploma
• CPR/First Aid certified, Office support (phones, faxing, filing), Patient-focused care, Emergency procedures, Knowledge of EKG rhythm interpretation, Electronic Medical records, Phlebotomy knowledge, Completing insurance forms, Trained in HIPPA compliance, Assisting with physical exams, Medical terminology expert,