New York, NY
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer and experienced marketing and relationship management professional with nearly ten years of
experience working in unstructured, fast-paced work environments. Organized and outgoing with abundant public speaking and
written communication practice. Works well with others across cultures, as demonstrated in Peace Corps tenure. Success working
independently, as shown in remotely-based position at CISabroad. Proven leader with volunteer management experience and
demonstrated capability in planning large events, such as conferences, youth camps, sport tournaments, community gatherings, and
international trade show receptions and activities. B.S. in Sport Management, advanced knowledge of Sesotho language, and
extensive travel experience.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
April 2015 to June 2017
Semonkong, Lesotho Education
Healthy Youth Advisor April, 2015 – June 2017
• Built organizational capacity in areas such as HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support for infected youth, technology, higher education, youth development, and organizational management
Guided community members to deliver trainings on HIV prevention, HIV mitigation, financial literacy, substance abuse avoidance, nutrition, exercise, and gender equality.
Advised in the establishment of Semonkong Hiking and Environment Club.
Facilitated community nutrition and gardening training to 50 youth and routinely monitored construction and progress of individual keyhole gardens.
Organized 15 sports-based HIV/AIDS prevention camps, graduating 400 youth.
Organized 2 sports-based financial literacy and environmental protection camps, graduating 40 youth.
Developed inaugural Community Habitat Day to coincide with Earth Day 2016, reaching nearly 70 youth.
July 2010 to April 2015
• Managed study abroad recruitment and international education partnerships with over 60 colleges and universities.
• Advised in the creation of more than 50 faculty-led programs abroad.
• Served as overseas support for 5 study abroad programs in 6 different countries.
• Supervised team of 3 University Relations Representatives and 2 interns.
• Managed regional marketing budget and grants.
• Planned and organized regional and international conferences events and exhibitions.
• Developed print and web-based marketing materials.
• Presented at Regional NAFSA Conferences.
May 2009 to July 2010
• Organized finances, volunteers, marketing, and logistics for annual Street Soccer USA Cup.
• Facilitated local partnerships to procure monetary and in-kind donations.
• Managed travel, food, and lodging for 16 participating teams from across the U.S.
• Supervised approximately 50 volunteers before and during national tournament.
• Coordinated attendance of VIPs, like the Mayor of DC, ambassadors, and potential funders.
Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
September 2006 to May 2010
Peace Corps Description of Service Available Upon Request.
Non-Competitive Eligibility Hiring Status within the US Federal Government until June, 2018