Instructor – REI Outdoor School
March 2017 to Present
Lead and manage groups of people to give instructions and explanations about field activities, besides inspiring self-confidence, and all encouraging participants.
• Facilitate activity sessions in a way that all members feel valued, safe, and part of a team.
• Analyze peoples’ strengths and weaknesses to develop individual skills of each using a learner-centered approach.
• Establish and maintain a cooperative learning environment that promotes self-expression, in addition to building team-sport awareness.
• Develop detailed end-of-program reports that include course summary, participant progress, feedback, weather conditions, and incidents.
January 2013 to Present
Established and run a successful outdoor experience/SAG services provider company while developing its client base, and diversifying into new areas of service.
• Manage the daily running of the business and direct the strategy towards profitable growth with a particular focus on customer service, and business development.
• Formulate policies, route plans, and guidelines for clients that include mileage, vertical feet estimates, expected arrival times, road hazards, and traffic load estimates.
• To make the excursions enjoyable, plan all logistical essentials, including meals, hydration needs, snacks, required equipment, rest areas, and bicycle repair and maintenance needs.
• Develop strategic partner alliance and uphold cooperative relationships by collaborating with local industry business on shared marketing, and event opportunities.
• Achieve superior customer engagement, website traffic, and raise awareness by advertising and strategically developing all features of the marketing tools and guidelines, as well as using the social media platform and PR skills.
March 2001 to September 2011
Provided technical assistance and customer support for nearly 1,000 users and 15 organizations consistent with the established policies, and agreed upon scope of work.
• Facilitated all onsite and distant training for the Debt Plus application while delivering software sales demonstrations.
• Aided and strengthened the training process by developing documentation, including a 240-page software-training manual covering all areas of the application.
• Tested, validated, and managed all aspects of a new application development process.
• Managed application-related networking while overseeing database upkeep procedures, SQL statements, and customized database research.
• Provided skilled technical support for LiveVault, a cloud backup and disaster recovery services and Panda Antivirus, on of the best enterprise endpoint protections.
September 1995 to March 2001
Managed the assigned portfolio of a high-value customer segment to deepen existing relationships further, and enhance the exposure of the company’s products and services.
• Trained and developed new account representatives and provided directions while enriching their skills in the areas of product knowledge, sales strategy, and customer service.
• Grew customer base and increased the overall revenue; recognized as a high retention rate and a top-producer focused on sales, customer service, and team development.
Bachelor of Science
Pre-Physical Therapy Program
1985 to 1988
Wilderness First Aid
April 2017 to April 2019
April 2017 to April 2019
• Sports Coaching • Differentiated Instruction • Software Support & Training
• Business Development • Customer Retention • Software Testing & Validation
• Key Account Management • Customer Service • Social Media Marketing
• Customer Acquisition • Team Building & Motivation • Instructional Strategies Development & Assessment
Core Skills and Competencies
• Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills
• Team oriented and strong individual contributor
• Comfortable in the agile, fast-paced work environment
• Strong communication, interpersonal and team motivational skills
• High capacity to learn and execute
• Skilled in the MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), adapted to social media platform