BEHAVIORAL CASE MANAGER/INDIVIDUAL REHAB COUNSELOR
Porter Ranch, CA
A highly regarded IPS Supervisor and Case Manager in the mental health field with extensive experience in human service management, Individual Rehab, and Social Work with in-depth ability to work with staff and clients from diverse backgrounds. A strong observer, coach, and mentor with remarkable knowledge of human development principles, community resources, street survival activities, and vocational rehabilitation. Lauded by peers and executive staff as a passionate resource with a strong commitment to serving the needs of others.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
2015 to Present
• Ensure good employment outcomes for clients in the IPS supported employment program
• Hire and train employment specialists
• Evaluate job performance and helps each specialist set goals for improved performance
• Monitor referrals to the IPS program and ensure that each employment specialist is assigned clients
• Conduct weekly group supervision to the IPS team through vocational unit meetings following the IPS principles/ procedures
• Teach essential job skills to employment specialists including building employer relationships, engaging clients, conducting the career profile, developing individualized employment goals, and client interviewing skills
• Assist employment specialists in the field to meet with employers and shadows employment specialists
• Monitor the employment specialist’s role and participation on the mental health treatment teams to enhance integrated services at the delivery level
• Work with the local Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) office to coordinate programming issues and client services
• Track employment outcomes on a monthly basis, and by employment specialist
• Participate in development of IPS supported employment steering committee
• Arrange for IPS fidelity reviews to ensure agency is implementing the critical components of evidence-based supported employment
• Assist with the development of the IPS fidelity action plan, based on recommendations from the IPS supported employment fidelity review report
• Conduct, organize, and administer fiscal year audits including holding URC committees to ensure charts are update to date and accurate based on DMH guidelines.
2014 to Present
• Collaborate with the clients’ therapist in the development of Case Management Services and Individual Service Plans.
• Confer with psychologists and therapists in order to develop and implement client rehabilitation services.
• Analyze information from interviews, educational records, and consultation with other professionals, in order to assess clients’ abilities, needs, and eligibility for services.
• Meet with client/family to formulate Case Management goals and objectives and other action plans.
• Provide assistance to client in improving, maintaining, and restoring client’s functional daily living skills.
• Work with client and family in enhancing self-sufficiency and needs of the beneficiary.
• Collaborate with clients’ families to implement rehabilitation plans that include behavioral, social, and employment goals.
• Responsible for assisting CalWorks GAIN clients in obtaining employment and building employment skills.
• Develop and maintain relationships with community referral sources such as schools, community groups, and organizations.
• Write billable Individual Rehab mental health notes on client goals to DMH and agency standards.
• Consistently meet productivity standards set by the agency for hours of direct client service, related notes, and performance standards in terms of quality of work.
• Conduct ongoing coaching with clients’ who are autistic or who have mental delays or ADHD, in home and in the field.
• Conduct drama class for children with autism spectrum disorder.
• Develop and lead a fun, exciting, skill building curriculum.
• Teach the children improve games, play reading, and character building exercises.
• Encourage social acceptance and positive social interaction.
2010 to 2014
• Collaborated with the member’s social worker in the development of an Individual Service Plan.
• Evaluated patients to determine care, home planning, and other action plans.
• Ensured that patient care is documented accurately and appropriately and meets federal mandates and standards of practice.
• Responsible for assessing, planning, and identify individual and family needs.
• Identify specific care management plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
• Provided clients with all necessary access to mental health, medical, education, and rehabilitative community services.
• Engaged and worked closely with clients who were gang members, kids with mental health disabilities, children coming out of the system who were runaways, abused, or award of the court in finding community resources.
• Maintained effective knowledge of DIMH organically changing documentation, policies, and procedures.
• Upon completion of Case Management coordinate Wrap Around Services for families that qualify.
• Conducted telephonic coaching with patients with a complex mental health disorders and in home visits.
• Experience with Evidence Based Practices (ART, FFT, TFCBT, SS, MAP, PPP).
• Oversaw Case Management caseloads for 6 other Case Managers.
• Acted as an advocate for patients and families in complex interactions involving community agencies
• Provided data entry of diagnostic codes and demographic details into DIMH database for Quality Assurance.
2005 to 2010
• Regularly engaged Board of Directors, coordinated all Board meetings and conferences, and handled exhibitor contracts.
• Produced financial reports, liaised with accounting, and managed all financial transactions.
• Managed the student conferences from initiation to close of project.
• Analyzed account ledgers for accuracy and processed all payment transactions.
• Assisted with quarterly published journals, prepared and issued invoicing to advertisers and conference sponsors.
• Actively tracked Project Plans, Project Monitoring and Controlling systems, Budget Management, and Cost Avoidance via Project Portfolio documents, and regular status meetings with staff.
• Coordinated resources for various cross-functional teams to identify, prioritize, and plan tasks across connected project initiatives and sourced documentation and functional requirements.
• Prepared and disseminated daily status to Project and Executive Management Teams for various ongoing projects and associated progresses.
2003 to 2005
• Managed all back office operations including ordering supplies, work schedules, and coordinating meetings for the doctors.
• Responsible for supervising 15 staff members, nurses, and interns.
• Maintained and coordinated pre-authorizations for patients.
• Assisted patients with 20% co-insurance pay arrangements and calculations, collection of payments, and all insurance issues.
• Conducted new hire interviews, intern placement, and office meetings. Implement department policies to staff.
• Maintained on-going contacts with insurance companies.
1999 to 2003
• Oversaw 20 billing clerks.
• Ensured that each billing teams assignments were completed in a timely manner by setting clear expectations, leading by example, and sharing best practices.
• Rolled out special projects and created solutions for daily billing issues.
• Maintained above average turn-around time on daily billings.
• Created and implemented systems to increase efficiency and productivity within the Department.
• Performed employee evaluations and employee interviews.
• Attending department meetings and took department minutes.
Associates of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
Bachelor of Science in Human Service Management
Master of Science in Psychology
Certificate of Completion in Project Management
Areas of Expertise
Skills: Coaching – Group Mentor – Advocate – Organizational and Leadership Development, DMH documentation
Software: Welligent – Exym – SharePoint – MS Office Suite – Windows 7, 8,- 10 Key by touch