IT networking program director – McCann School of Business and Technology
Mount Carmel, PA
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
January 2013 to Present
Wilkes Barre, PA campus
Provided complete knowledge of Novell and Microsoft network administration as MCSE / CNE / A+
Certification and as instructor of the MCSE Program at RIT.
Delivered course instruction in: Networking Essentials, NT 4.0 Core, NT 4.0 Administration, and NT 4.0
Enterprise. Windows Server 2008, Active directory and MS exchange.
Skilled in troubleshooting to the board level; excellent ability to facilitate, diagnose and troubleshoot
networking and configuration problems of both hardware and software.
Some of my tasks usually include:
• establishing networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system
installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards;
• the design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current
• maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network
• undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using
information from multiple sources;
• securing network system by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring
• the support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy;
• updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional
publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations;
• reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and managing projects;
• upgrading data network equipment to latest stable firmware releases;
• configuration of routing and switching equipment;
• configuration of hosted IP voice services;
• basic configuration of firewalls;
• remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation;
• remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation;
• capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centers;
• liaising with project management team, 3rd line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular
• Speaking with students via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
January 2012 to Present
IT networking instructor McCann School of Business and Technology Wilkes Barre, PA
2008 to 2012
IT courses and BA courses as well)
2001 to 2008
Network Support Specialist Unique Software Solutions Inc.
Engineering team member supporting enterprise networks of multiple ABC Technology
Oversee network and equipment upgrades to include IOS, Cat OS image upgrades, and configuration changes.
Document network problems and changes working in diverse management environments.
Quickly resolve all IP network issues to reduce waste and downtime while also ensuring
client Service Level Agreements.
Provide tier 3 and 4 support for ABC Technology commercial clients on a 24 x 7 pager
Ensure thorough network documentation, including maintaining each account’s network
matrix, backup configurations and network diagrams.
1999 to 2000
Network Administrator responsible for LAN and WAN network operations, systems
disaster recovery, database and systems backup, and network security. Played
key role in management of IT department.
Performed network documentation and created disaster recovery plan.
Setup Cisco Intercept IDS and Cisco Works for Windows for network monitoring.
Oversaw migration of WAN links to new service provider, designed full mesh WAN, set up
TFTP server to backup, and restored configuration and IOS image files for the PIX, Cisco
routers, and Catalyst switches.
Analyzed expanding network, ran fiber, and implemented wireless communication.
Designed configuration and layout of WAN to include IPT Internet facing VPNs and wireless subnet.
Migrated network from full mesh frame relay to Point-Point T1 on larger sites, and implemented IPsec VPN on smaller sites.
Administered multiple PIX firewalls throughout WAN to ensure LAN integrity from external
Monitored bandwidth and network activity by analyzing information provided by MRTG to ensure both efficient and effective network operation.
Configured and supported multiple remote site installations.
1997 to 1999
Doctor of Business in Information Systems & Enterprise Resource Management
Master of Science in computer Information Systems
Masters of Science in Computer Engineering Technology
1993 to 1995
Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
1989 to 1993
• Proven track record solving IP network issues in timely and cost efficient manner
while maintaining client Service Level Agreements up-time.
• Exceptional experience working in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments.
• Strong leader with experience training developers and advising technical groups
on ETL best practices.
• Adept at building strong business relationships with both clients and coworkers.
• Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.