Finance Reporting Manager – System implementation
Pompano Beach, FL
Bilingual Engineer with Masters degrees in both Finance and Economics and experience in Systems implementation, Operational Finance and Financial Planning and Analysis in various industries. Dedicated, self-motivated with ability to multitask in fast-paced, challenging environments and detailed oriented. Experienced in Business Analytics and solid MS Excel modeling skills. Highly skilled in Microsoft Office applications – MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Queries.
2012 to Present
company that provides solutions to physicians, hospitals and outpatient centers in all states.
Financial Manager-Financial Planning and Analysis
Responsible for managing and coordinating all corporate reports presented to upper management and parent company.
Serve as liaison between Accounting, IT and Finance to ensure that all reporting is accurate.
• Create and maintain consolidated corporate budget package for parent company in SmartView.
• Responsible for creating monthly forecast process, forecast model and consolidated forecast package including variance analysis using Hyperion.
• Create financial models and responsible for Ad Hoc and corporate moth end reports using Essbase, SmartView, Financial Reporting Studio and Lawson. Support various levels of management and operations.
• Serve as a subject matter expert in Hyperion system and give guidance to Corporate and Operational Finance in how to extract data from the system for quick analysis. Help users with any system related issue.
• Create the corporate Intercompany allocation methodology in the system for Budgeting and Forecast purposes. Creating/editing logic for business scripts and work close with system developers and system end users to implement the scripts. Training and coordinate with accounting the proper booking of Intercompany entries according to the budget. Support Accounting during month end close. Prepare ISOs Variance analysis for Operational Finance. Prepare analysis related with Billing Cost per case using billing system attributes from the system. Support RCM with various costs analysis reports.
Financial Reporting FP&A- Functional Hyperion Administrator
Responsible for administering the Hyperion Planning system from the business side, approving outline and reporting systems changes, preparation of financial and management reports for senior corporate executives, consolidation of the budget process and preparation of corporate monthly forecasting process.
• Approved/coordinated/maintained changes in the structure and mapping for the Geographic Account Units Hierarchy, the GL accounts hierarchy and the attributes in BSO and ASO cube according to new or revised standards and business requirements, as necessary, to ensure integrity of data. Coordinated with IT administrator to get all changes done. Full understanding of Geographical Hierarchies, and Reporting Structure including dimensions, attributes, GL Structure and metadata mapping to ensure transparency of data across different areas.
• Managed and resolved open items related to hierarchy with Business partners and Technical teams. Partner with IT to build automated solutions in reporting for Finance Team. Worked collaboratively with IT administrator to create/maintain system scripts and automate processes as necessary.
• Supported Hyperion Implementation related with Budgeting process (BSO and ASO).
• Trained all Finance/Accounting in Hyperion Essbase, SmartView, current hierarchy structure and reporting to make their work more efficient.
• Collaborated end users in troubleshooting Hyperion Planning related issues and coordinate with IT for resolution.
2011 to 2012
Miami, FL 2011 – 2012
Seventh Global Pharmaceutical Company with revenues of $32 B and Headquarters in United Kingdom.
Business Analytics Consultant. AMAZON Project LATAM. (Contract)
Supported implementation of Business Objects reporting system in LATAM by validating accuracy of data in the markets: Serve as a liaison between end users in each market and developers, gathering systems and data requirements, performing quality assurance testing and data mapping (UAT), analyzing results of product testing to ensure solutions that match business requirements. Participate in the training of customers and technical support personnel.
2009 to 2011
Sunrise, FL 2009 – 2011
Global contract manufacturer and packager of consumer healthcare products. Holding of three different companies.
Created and streamlined tasks to support flow of monthly and quarterly consolidated financial information and reports across four companies. Continuously improved modeling, planning and analysis, minimizing errors and reduced delivery timelines by automating processes.
• Increased transparency of budgeting process through creation of various analytical models: cash flow, balance sheet and P&L variance analysis. Managed and Coordinated annual budget and forecast process for three companies.
• Built working model for new acquisitions by working in collaboration with Marketing and Sales VPs. Increased efficiency of targeted Marketing and media efforts by creating critical telemarketing/media models and sales projection data for direct response campaigns.
• Supervised activities and performance of collection personnel. Reduced average DSO by designing and introducing DSO process and related cash flow and AR analysis. Forecasted all components of working capital for CF purposes.
• Reduced turnaround time on ad hoc reporting from 3 days to 30 min by extracting data from ERP system and designing database relationships using Crystal, SQL, and synthesizing data using vlookups and pivot tables.
• Reduced Daily Sales Report process from four hours to 15 mins by automation of Crystal Report.
• Improved decision-making process for upper management and Sales team through creating and automating Matrix Report that showed Gross Margin by product category and customer type. Provided analysis and support Sales territory managers to reach revenues and profitability goals.
2005 to 2009
Global market leader in international express mail services and logistics with $5B in annual revenue. Subsidiary of DPWN with $90B in annual revenue and a workforce of 500,000.
2005 to 2009
Developed Balance Sheet budgets / forecasts for all US entities including creating and maintaining Excel-based planning models, utilizing Hyperion budgeting software, developing planning assumptions, and interfacing with accounting, tax, FP&A, risk management, and other departments. Conducted research and analysis of financial data needed in planning, budgeting, cost control, and project control to provide informed recommendations to leadership across DHL.
• Created and maintained model that reconciles local p&l vs. CREST p&l by mapping and merging several databases.
• Responsible for submission of Balance Sheet in CREST. Acted as a CREST super user.
• Prepared Monthly Cash Flow for the overall company. Prepared and designed PowerPoint USMB (US Member Board) global presentation for balance sheet and cash flow.
• Prepared P&L monthly variance analysis and corporate presentations for USMB.
• Prepared weekly scorecard. Presented weekly variance of PFTE productivity report for all areas and created models to integrate data from multiple timekeeping databases. Streamlined process from two days to four hours.
• Developed, maintained, and automated flash reports for management during month end close and provided prospective financial information and analysis of data. Prepared accruals for month-end close.
• Prepared fuel forecast for annual budgeting purposes. Supported Fleet team for actual and forecast purposes.
2005 to 2006
Created and developed balance sheet budgets / forecasts for all US entities including creating and maintaining MS Excel-based planning models, developing planning assumptions, and interfacing with other departments.
• Analyzed actuarial study that determined loss reserve of unpaid claims for Workers Compensation for Risk Management Department and created spreadsheet models analyzing databases.
• Forecasted Cash Flow and managed related system (C-Globes).
• Prepared all reports for Treasury related with financial statements and debt for all US entities.
2004 to 2005
Analyzed CompUSA’s cash inflow and outflow that determined availability of cash on a daily basis.
• Built financial model for company-wide cash flow forecast.
• Reengineered and automated financial reporting methodology for daily cash position.
• Supported project that improved vendor terms which optimized Balance Sheet ratios.
• Took initiative to analyze and forecast cash clearing and performed statistical analysis of financial databases.
• Prepared financial reports to CFO using Hyperion Essbase. Forecasted Balance Sheet and uploaded into Hyperion. Maintained relationships with banks in Mexico and USA.
1997 to 2002
Managed, prepared and coordinated annual company budget – all Financial Statements. Prepared variance, and supervised development of all reports associated with budgeting. Responsible for performance, evaluation, and professional development of two interns.
• Prepared, analyzed, and updated US and Colombian GAAP 20-year financial forecast model for strategic planning. Assisted in implementation and analysis of Economic Value Added (EVA) financial measurement and prepared company stock valuation using CAPM (Capital Asset Pricing Model).
• Prepared and coordinated monthly Board of Directors Meeting. Supervised interns in development of Board of Director reports, Financial Statements, prepared monthly variance, and developed monthly corporate PowerPoint presentations for company executives. Supported CFO on Board Meeting and Budget processes.
• Prepared weekly status reports including transported volumes, revenues, and net income for US stockholders.
• Performed monthly cost analysis, variance reports and evaluated financial projects.
• Assisted with financial tariff calculation model (pricing) and Annual Report of Company Investments Portfolio.
• Worked close with IS team that implemented SAP Budget Module to provide accuracy of data. Trained 50 employees on SAP software related to budget data entry and budget control.
• Supported CEO by preparing Promigas Annual Report to shareholders.
1995 to 2002
International public holding company dedicated to transmission and distribution of natural gas. Annual revenue$200M.
1995 to 1997
Assisted Treasury Director with overall Cash Management. •Forecasted cash flow for company. •Studied investment opportunities for use of available cash •Managed daily loans in national and foreign currencies and negotiated letters of credit. •Negotiated buying and selling of foreign currencies to pay foreign loans.
Doctorate in Philosophy
Master of Science in Finance
Post Graduate in Financial Management
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering