Medical Coder – Neuroscience and Spine Associates
Bonita Springs, FL
April 2012 to Present
Code physician inpatient encounters, EMGs/NCVs, Botox/Epidural injections, Neurosurgeon surgeries and physical/occupational therapy visits.
• Assist AR staff on claim denials
• Audit and educate physicians and physical/occupational therapists
• Review patient records
February 2011 to March 2012
Coded different specialties in outpatient facilities (ie. Internal Med, Family Practice, Nephrology, Podiatry, a Pulmonologist, Breast Surgeons and a Gynecologic Oncologist)
• Reviewed patient medical records and physician’s dictations for correct billing
• Handled patient complaints and claim denials
• Educated and audited physicians
• Monthly meetings and Work List blasts along with weekly webinars
• Assisted other coders
• Little charge entry, was not part of the job, but helped out when needed
October 2007 to February 2011
Great customer service and computer proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
• Kept customers information private.
• Skilled working independently and in a team environment.
• Designed product displays also very detail oriented.
• Answered phones, took messages, and patched clients to the correct department.
• Cash handled along with photocopying and faxing documents.
Medical Coding Specialist
2008 to 2010
2000 to 2004
Gained extensive knowledge through Medicare seminars, weekly AAPC webinars, and multiple day conferences to improve the quality of my work.