Mortgage Underwriter – ST MARY’S BANK
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
2016 to Present
• Review of mortgage loan documents including mortgage application, credit report, paystubs, W2, business and personal tax returns, bank, investment and retirement assets, property appraisal and title report.
• Approve or deny mortgage loan applications for credit union’s Portfolio, Fannie Mae, FHA and USDA loans.
• Ensure compliance with company policies, underwriting guidelines, investor requirements, as well as follow state and federal banking regulatory laws.
• Work with Retail Loan Officers, appraisers, title officers.
2012 to 2016
• Provided support to loan officers and underwriters by ensuring the timely, judicious and accurate processing of mortgage loans.
• External customers included working directly with borrowers, realtors, builders, appraisers, title agents and various vendors.
• Managed a 40+ loan pipeline.
2008 to 2012
Front Desk and Administrative Support
• As QI Coordinator, chaired monthly quality insurance committee meetings with the Administrator, Director of Nurses, Medical Director and department heads based on agenda set by Administrator. Completed monthly minutes/report. Led process improvement cycles for various departments.
• As Front Desk and Administrative Support, provided support to all departments including preparing deposits and posting patient charges, updating job application database, updating weekly nursing assignments, creating forms, revising nursing policies/procedures and Emergency Management Procedures Manual, processing mail, filing patient and employee documents.
• Improved patient charting and general nursing documentation by creating new forms.
• Edited letters and memos for the Director of Nursing for internal and external customers.
• Proposed and helped design marketing postcard reminder to increase returned Customer Surveys.
• Streamlined tracking efficiency of monthly OTC drug charges.
• Obtained updated credentialing documentation from the center’s providers.
2008 to 2008
Provided care for 20 residents in various stages of Alzheimer’s and dementia-related illnesses in a nursing home setting.
2007 to 2007
• As Quality Assurance Manager, pre-qualified wholesale mortgage broker originated mortgage loans and retail loan officer originated loans for various portfolio loan products prior to submitting to junior underwriters. As Sr Mortgage Underwriter, provided second level file review.
• Mortgage loan signing authority of $1 million and Exception to Policy signing authority of $300,000.
2005 to 2007
• As a Fraud Investigator, conducted financial fraud investigations.
• Developed comprehensive analytical reports used by senior and executive management to mitigate risk.
• Facilitated mortgage fraud training for the National Underwriting Administration School for new underwriters.
• Revised the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering training module and final exam and created an Elder Financial Abuse training module and test for all underwriters.
• As Business Analyst, updated Loans Policies and Procedures Manual, and worked with the Loan Compliance and Legal departments.
• Answered the National Underwriting Hotline to assist field originators and underwriters with various questions in a call center environment.
2003 to 2005
• Provided complete loan underwriting for middle, senior and executive management.
• Supervised a staff of 3 processors, 4 underwriters, 1 Quality Manager.
• Delivered ongoing training updates to processors and underwriters.
• Created and launched incentive programs to enhance team motivation.
• Improved overall customer service rating from 60% to 97% in six months based on customer surveys that received a satisfactory or exceptional rating.
2002 to 2003
• Supervised a staff of 16 underwriters and 3 Quality Managers.
• Created a specialized Fannie Mae underwriting school with a two-week curriculum. Arranged topic specific guest speakers and actual property inspections.
• Conducted surveys with field district managers nationwide to understand areas of opportunity.
• Hired 32 new underwriters that successfully completed training within a two-month period and acquired signing authority for underwriting.
2002 to 2002
• Provided second level underwriting reviews for wholesale and retail loans.
• Created new reporting techniques to assist middle management with the high volume of loan applications received through the Internet.
2001 to 2002
• Underwrote wholesale mortgage broker loans and retail customer loans.
• Consistently awarded Top Producer and deadline metrics always met.
• Answered Internet sales calls from retail customers for Call Center.
2000 to 2001
• Audited critical transactions from all loan servicing departments.
• Created reports for department and senior management to access risk.
• Worked with management and cross-functional teams to initiate and implement process improvements.
1999 to 2000
• Rotated in Collections, Foreclosure, and Bankruptcy departments.
• Answered calls from borrowers, attorneys and appraisers in a Call Center environment.
• Completed assigned projects for the Default Group Manager.
• Attended extensive leadership training classes.
1993 to 1999
• Organized and performed lab experiments for basic research.
• Performed data analyses and created formal reports using Word, WordPerfect, Excel, SigmaPlot, Origin and PS-Plot software.
• Assisted with grant preparation for Principal Investigators and co-authored manuscripts for formal publication.
• Prepared and presented progress reports at lab meetings.
Bachelor of Science in Biology
Diploma of Collegial Studies in Health Sciences
Analytical Ultracentrifugation of Chromatin
Hansen, J. C., Turgeon, C.L., (1999) Methods in Molecular Biology, Vol. XX: Chromatin Protocols. “Analytical Ultracentrifugation of Chromatin.” (Edited by P.B. Becker) Humana Press, Inc., Totowa, NJ.
The accessibility of yeast ribosomal protein L1, as probed by proteolysis and site-directed mutagensis, is different in 60s and 80s ribosome.
Lee, J.C., Turgeon, C.L., Yeh, L-C.C. (1996) The accessibility of yeast ribosomal protein L1, as probed by proteolysis and site-directed mutagensis, is different in 60s and 80s ribosome. Journal of Biological Chemistry. Vol. 271, 7429 – 7434.
Beacon Hospice, Inc., Concord, NH – Administrative duties and patient companionship
Habitat for Humanity, San Antonio, TX – Landscaping projects