Obtain a position as a manager/ administrator in which my organizational abilities can be fully utilized. Working in a place where there is a need for a variety of office management skills including – computer knowledge, organizational abilities, business intelligence, database programs and more. I have over fourteen years of experiences with EMR, MS office, Power point, Word and Excel.
2015 to Present
• Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
• Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training nurses/ CCMA and auxiliary staff.
• Provides information to patients and health care team by answering questions and requests.
• Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
• Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques..
• Work on closing gaps for several insurance companies. Working with meaningful use, along with learning and applying PQRS measures and understating the rules and regulations on CMS.
I also close gaps for all insurances.
2009 to 2015
• Taking Patient Vital Signs
• Taking Medical Histories
• Preparing Patients for Medical Tests and Examinations
• Assisting Physicians During Examinations
• Explaining Medical Procedures to Patients
• Sterilizing Medical Instruments
• Removing Sutures and dermatology procedures
• Calling Prescriptions in to Pharmacies
• Preparing Patients for X-Rays
• Administering Topical, Oral, or Intramuscular Medications
2002 to 2009
• Performed various secretarial/clerical duties such as documenting, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and organizing filing system.
• Answered telephones and transferred calls to appropriate staff members.
• Sorted and distributed incoming communication data, including faxes, letters and emails.
• Monitored and maintained the organization’s website.
• Organized the scheduling of meetings, conferences, and events; distributed minutes for them.
• Organized the staff office space, weekly schedules, travel reports, phones, parking, credit cards and office keys.
• Maintained the office database – retrieved and organized information for individual employees and clients.
• Created spreadsheets and presentations for corporate executives.
• Purchased office equipment and supplies – contacted vendors and subcontractors.
• Established and implemented administrative policies and procedures for the office.
• I also had to designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
• Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
CMA in Certified Medical Assistant
February 2000 to December 2001
July 2016 to July 2018
Ill will be taking my exam in September 2018 to become a Certified Medical Coder.