Pharmacist/Pharmacy Manager – CVS PHARMACY
Las Vegas, NV
2004 to Present
* Direct all daily pharmacy operations and supervise up to 12 pharmacist/tech personnel.
* Counsel and educate patients on medication properties, conditions and procedure.
* Assisted with integration of 6 Longs Drug stores throughout the San Diego area, trained staff on CVS policies/
procedures, and ensured smooth transition within a week.
* Recognized formally by the area Vice President for outstanding customer service.
* Maintain consistent continuing education for medications and company policies.
* Won the Paragon Award for Remarkable Achievement- Best out of 30 pharmacists.
LIGGETT DRUG AND HEALTH CENTER
1985 to 2004
* Purchased an ongoing pharmacy in 1985 generating $900,000 annual revenue and increased gross sales to over $3M during last year in business.
* Hired, trained, mentored, motivated and supervised all company personnel as needed.
* Created marketing plans and radio/print/billboard media advertising campaigns.
* Specialized in HRT and veterinarian compounding in addition to ointment and capsule preparation.
* Developed and nurtured the nursing home market and prepared IV medications in a sterile environment per request.
ELI LILLY AND COMPANY
1984 to 1985
* Developed and maintained an extensive sales territory and customer base of doctors, clinics, and hospitals.
* Responsible for providing information about Lilly’s pharmaceutical products.
* Increased sales of a primary medication by over 100%.
* Established and implemented a vibrant business plan.
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO HEALTH AND SCIENCES CENTER
1981 to 1984
* Prepared IV admixtures in a sterile environment, including TPN, chemotherapy, and antibiotic medications.
* Reviewed and assessed medication orders for patients.
* Supervised pharmacy support personnel.
* Selected from over 10 pharmacists to staff the pediatric satellite pharmacy.
CHOICE CENTER LEADERSHIP UNIVERSITY, Las Vegas, NV 2011-Present
Personal Development and Leadership
* Enhanced personal power and effective communication skills.
* Participated in experiential education designed to elevate emotional intelligence.
* Expanded time management skills and learned the value of accountability and honest communication.
M.S. in Education
UNIVERSITY OF BRIDGEPORT
B.S. in Pharmacy
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT