Regional Procurement Consultant
Santa Clara, CA
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
December 2014 to June 2016
• Managed $73M category (Technology and Telecom) for Asia Pacific region and designed Tech and Telecom strategy at global/regional/local level.
• Negotiated with key suppliers for increased penetration of AMEX Credit Purchase Card for invoice payments by $500K.
• Implemented innovative procurement process for high volume purchases; enhanced customer satisfaction and decreased PO turnaround time from 4 to 2 weeks.
• Liaised with Legal, Taxation and Controllership teams across Asia Pacific to draft a single contract template for supplier engagement, decreased contract management workload.
March 2014 to November 2014
• Reduced supplier base from 19,000 to less than 6,000; consulted with category managers on spend management and payment term rationalization of 60 days.
• Introduced Purchase cards for employees for petty cash payments with transactional suppliers.
October 2011 to March 2014
• Managed $25M for site maintenance and environmental service contracts for IBM Enterprise- Services Council.
• Co-managed global environmental RFP for tape and hard drive destruction and disposal process, yielded in 34% cost savings for US and Canada.
• Negotiated with suppliers to increase payment terms from 30 to 60 days.
• Introduced diverse and small business suppliers and increased their business by $500K annually.
September 2010 to October 2011
• Managed the preparation of RFPs through customer requirements analyses and formed supplier selection criteria with competitive analysis.
• Maintained inventory of supplies for operations; new process procedures and trained new employees.
• Implemented new process procedures and trained new employees.
Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science Engineering
• IBM Certification: Negotiation Skills, Integrated SCM, Strategic Sourcing May 2012
• Worked as a Research Assistant; Supply Chain Design for Effective Response to Ebola outbreak.
• Enterprise Resource Tools – Ariba, Emptoris, Tabware, Empac
• Academy of Business & Engineering Sciences Men’s Basketball team; Captain 2010.
• Recognized by Genpact for active participation in women empowerment drives.
• Awarded Blue Rewards by AMEX management for reduction in contract workspace drive.