Registered Nurse- Therapeutic Apheresis and Cellular Therapy – Rhode Island Blood Center
Fall River, MA
Highly motivated and dedicated nursing professional, with seven years of nursing experience and over thirteen years of apheresis/ blood banking experience seeking employment in an organization to provide high quality health care to the public. Works well independently and as a team player.
August 2005 to Present
• Performed therapeutic apheresis procedures on patients with various hematological, autoimmune and antibody medicated diseases in local hospitals on the ICU, dialysis unit, neurology unit, inpatient/outpatient cancer centers.
• Ability to adapt to different work environments by performing procedures independently at local hospitals in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
• Performed allogeneic/autologous and research peripheral blood stem cell collections for the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) and local hospitals on patients for transplant and research study purposes.
• Preceptor and trainer of all new staff in Apheresis/ Cellular procedures and departmental policies. Performed annual clinical compentencies on staff.
• Proficient in peripheral venipuncture, access/care of central venous lines, AV fistulas, implanted ports.
• Proficient in writing and validation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for new and updates procedures.
• Validation and quality control of new apheresis machinery, IV pumps and blood warmers.
• Demonstrated compliance and strict adherence to all policies, SOP’s, NMDP, FACT, AABB standards.
• Experience with EPIC/ LifeChart electronic medical record.
• Certified in CITI training. Sole employee in facility who is certified QIA by ASCP.
May 2011 to August 2014
• Collaborated patient care with physicians, occupational/physical therapist, and speech pathologist.
• Physical/ psychological assessments and pain management.
• Family and patient teaching/ education.
• Performed wound care including Wound Vac dressings.
• Provide patient nutrition via parenteral and tube feedings.
• Administered medications oral, sublingual, rectal, topical, parenteral and G-tube.
• Maintenance of PICC lines and sterile dressing.
• Monitored and reported abnormal labs. Transcribed physician orders.
December 2013 to June 2014
• Provided acute care to patients with various mental health and substance abuse disorders.
• Performed patient physical and psychological assessments.
• Administered oral and injectable medications.
• Provided a safe and therapeutic milieu for patients.
BSN in Nursing
BLS for Healthcare Providers
2017 to Present
Proficient in LifeChart/EPIC electronic medical record.