Social Work – Therapy Services, Lead Therapist – Dayspring Behavioral Health
Uniquely qualified as a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys working with the public. Belief in empowerment and advocacy of all people, with a strong interest in child welfare. Active involvement in community service projects. Strong background in the medical field.
2014 to Present
• Complete comprehensive Bio-Psychosocial assessments of adults, adolescents and children.
• Provide appropriate clinical diagnosis and assist in developing and implementing individualized treatment plans.
• Provide individual, family, and group counseling using client centered, solution focused, and cognitive behavioral therapy models.
• Field Supervision of Social Work and Counseling students.
• Work within the school system to facilitate communication between clients, families and school personnel to promote collaborative efforts and advocate for client.
Supervisor: VaShonda Eason, LCSW
2010 to 2015
Social Work – Therapy Services
• Contract work with local counseling agencies. Responsibilities include: individual and family counseling, Intensive Family Services, Home and Adoption studies.
• Field Supervision of Social Work Students
• Work closely with the Department of Human Services
Supervisor: Kerri Volmer, LCSW
2009 to 2015
Representative in Arkansas for the legislative team that advocates for funding social workers in schools.
2005 to 2014
• Social Work position in the school district with focus on Alternative Education K-2 Westside Elementary and 6-12 Crossroads Alternative School.
• Job responsibilities: individual and group interventions, and work closely with school counselors and administrators to aid in the resolution of social concerns in a school setting.
• Social Work Student Field Supervision
• Specialized training with at-risk students
Supervisor: Patsy Roycroft, LCSW and Linda Haley, LPC
2006 to 2006
* Thesis: Solution Focused Brief Therapy: A Strengths based Intervention for Children At-Risk in a School Setting.
* Advanced Standing MSW Program
* GPA 4.0
2004 to 2006
Elected to National Association of Social Workers to represent BSW students in the state of Arkansas.
2003 to 2006
Campus based group SWAG, Social Work Action Group
2003 to 2006
* Work closely with the court to promote the best interest of abused and/or neglected children.
* Supervisor: Crystal Vickmark
2005 to 2005
* Residential treatment facility for emotionally/behaviorally challenged adolescents.
* Job responsibilities: individual, group, and family therapy.
Supervisor:: Martha Hamm, LCSW
2005 to 2005
* Advocacy center for abused/neglected children.
* Job responsibilities: child advocacy, intake of information, observation and reporting of forensic interview, statistical information on hotline reports, courtroom advocacy, referral and follow up of agency clients.
Supervisor:: Janice McCutcheon, MSW and Beverly Engle, Agency Director
2003 to 2005
* GPA 3.89
* Max Ted-McGetrick Student Award
* Who’s Who Award
* Alpha Sigma Lambda
* Dean’s List
* Academic Excellence, Spring 2003, Office of Non Traditional Students
* Academic Excellence, Summer 2004, Office of Non Traditional Students
2004 to 2004
Work closely with school social worker and school counselor to aid in the resolution of social concerns in a school setting. Concerns included: attendance issues, behavioral issues, social, emotional and psychological needs, referral for resources, home visits, and work within the Hispanic community.
Supervisor:: Vicki Pendergraft, LMSW and Patsy Roycroft, LCSW
2000 to 2002
* Associate Degree
* GPA 4.0
* Graduated Magna Cum Laude
* Deans List at NWACC
* Honor induction to Gamma Beta Phi and Phi Theta Kappa.
1998 to 1998
* Medical assisting in office as well as hospital, Lab, & Prenatal counseling
* Supervisors: Wm Brown M.D. and K. Heilman, M.D.
1997 to 1998
* Supervisors: T. Yawn, M.D. and K. Lilly, M.D.
1991 to 1997
* Supervisors: J. Arkins M.D. and R. Holder M.D.
1990 to 1991
1989 to 1990
1987 to 1990
1987 to 1988
Medical Assisting Certification – Phlebotomy Certification
1985 to 1987
* Registered Nursing School
* Directors list and passed top ten in the nation for RN entrance exam.