Software Engineer – Geoweb3d, Inc
To obtain a fulltime position in a software engineering-related field where I can contribute my experience in high performance software development and innovate through my growing passion and personal focus on machine learning.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
June 2016 to Present
My main project focus was on the development of the Army Special Forces’ (SOMPE) mission planning software, Falconview, that integrated in a larger software package, XPlan. This project required me to work with a small local team and a larger remote team. I also communicated directly with a council of customers and integrators which consisted of high ranking military officers, professors, and directors/owners of several other companies to drive requirements and understand expectations. Other highlights from this project:
• Assisted in an overhaul of a data manager for map data from using PostgreSQL to SQLite.
• Fixed numerous bugs from simple crashes to complex optimizations that spanned several interfaces.
• Contributed to upgrading Falconview’s mission planning environment with 3D capabilities.
September 2015 to June 2016
Focused on continuing the development of a C++ and XML based cross-platform (Win, Mac, Linux) driver library. This library acted as a middleware interface between the high level driver and the firmware of each Kodak scanner. My other achievements at Kodak included:
• Development of a universal data driven Kodak scanner simulator for software integrators.
• The maintenance and creation of Python based build scripts.
• Development of a new continuous integration and build process for my team.
January 2014 to May 2015
Provided assistance to professors by analyzing and helping to debug C++, VHDL, and electronic circuits-based student lab projects, and by grading quizzes and homework.
July 2014 to November 2014
Designed the firmware, hardware, and Android application for a wearable embedded prototype for Health Care Originals’ A.D.A.M. asthma management system.
April 2012 to August 2012
Verification Engineering Co-op): Verified the central processing software of Lockheed Martin’s X-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter using the LDRA’s unit testing software.
Master of Science in Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering Technology
Skills & Training
• Programming and Hardware Languages: C/C++, C#, Python, SQL (SQLite & some PostgreSQL), R, Java, XML, GNU Make, Assembly, MATLAB, VHDL.
• Tool experience: Visual Studio, Eclipse, ReSharper, Jenkins, Perforce, TFS, Git, Bitbucket, Mantis Bug Tracker, TortoiseSVN, LDRA Unit Test, Microsoft Office (including Excel & Project).
• Software practices: Object oriented and functional paradigms, continuous integration, agile process, big-o asymptotic time complexity, and some test first development.
• Experience programming and debugging FPGAs, PLDs, SOPCs (Altera FPGA w/ ARM HPS & Nios II softcore), microprocessors/controllers, COM, DSPs, Android applications, and 2D & 3D video games.
• Linear & logistic regression analysis, DSP, Fourier analysis, MFCC, transfer functions, feedback systems, filter design, and some genetic & neural network algorithm training.
• Hands-on experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, function generators, multimeters, spectroscopes, soldering/reflow equipment, and other laboratory equipment.