Public Health Professional
September 18, 2017
To the Center for Families and Relationships,
I am expressing my interest in the Part-Time Receptionist Position because I anticipate on receiving a Master’s in Public Health from La Salle University and I plan to utilize the degree by providing counseling, mentorship and advising to clients. I believe working at the Center for Families and Relationships will provide me with the necessary skills to fulfill this work. I am choosing to forward my information to you because this position aligns closely with my education, experiences and career interests.
My current steps with my career are to secure a position aligning closely with Public Health, Mental Health, Counseling and Global Health. I believe that gaining and sharing experiences will provide me with valuable understanding and dynamics necessary to thrive in the health field.
My overall college education from my undergraduate degree in Public Health from West Chester University consists of: Chronic & Communicable Diseases, Program Planning & Evaluation, Health Curriculum and Instruction, Health Care Delivery, Health Marketing and Communications, Transcultural Health, and Nutrition.
In addition, my work experiences are Specialized Supported Living Manager (SSLM), Secretary, Social Service Volunteer, Office & Student Research Assistant, Health Educator, Mental Health Aid and Global Ambassador. Overall, gaining all these experiences has helped me exhibit a strong sense of hard work on a daily basis and how to take on leadership roles.
The combination of my academics and professional experiences has provided me with excellent communication, organizational, mentorship, interpersonal, analytic and project management skills necessary to contribute extradionary work to your company. Hopefully, you find my background information to be interesting and qualifying for the candidate you are seeking.
Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to hearing from you soon.
7147 Torresdale Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19135
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
April 2017 to Present
• Administer medications to residents
• Monitor and log details on residents’ behavior, activities, meal plans
• Maintain safe & comfortable apartment space for residents
April 2017 to Present
• Build awareness on Domestic Violence globally
• Communicate with board members about meeting times
• Capture board meeting minutes
January 2016 to May 2017
• Major Project focus on Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention
• Project mission is to improve the healthcare outcomes and reduce health disparities amongst people of color
• Lead meetings &discussions, plan events, develop flyers, disseminate email and messages to organization partners
• Attended partnership events at local communities, churches, schools & Promote Black Women’s Health Alliance work legacy
MPH in Public Health
August 2017 to May 2020
Bachelor of Science in Public Health Promotion in Program Planning & Evaluation
• Certified Mental Health First Aid
• Certifications in ‘Peer instruction’ and ‘Infection control’
• Blood Borne Pathogen Awareness Certification
• CPR & AED Certified