Therapeutic Special Day Class Therapist – Los Altos School District
I am a Clinical Social Worker, with over seven years experience in the Mental and Behavioral Health and supportive services sector. I am currently relocating to North Carolina and seeking employment in this field.
August 2017 to Present
• Providing individual and small group therapy for students with emotional disturbances and other special needs.
• Collaborating with the behavioral specialist, special day class teacher, and classroom aids to merge perspectives and help students with a more comprehensive approach.
• Nurturing students self-esteem through positive reinforcement, respectful, consistent communication of expectations, and maintenance of equity among students in the classroom.
• Preparing a summary of social and emotional progress and goals for annual IEPs.
• Supporting students and other team members through crisis situations by following protocol.
January 2017 to August 2017
• Psychotherapy with forensic mental health population, specifically using Cognitive Restructuring, Motivational Interviewing, CBT, DBT, and the Restorative Justice model in sessions to address family and peer relations, education, employment, substance usage, mental health, and recidivism.
• Provided collaboration and consultation with probation department, court mental health team, district attorney and public defender’s office to ensure comprehensive wrap-around continuum of care.
• Managed treatment planning, assessments, crisis intervention, and case management for caseload of 20 to 25 clients who possess severe mental illness and dual diagnosis of substance use.
July 2016 to January 2017
• Supervised the Social Services Department and was responsible for the social, behavioral, and cognitive wellbeing of 60 to 65 participants.
• Provided individual and family counseling to participants and caregivers, including weekly family meetings with participants whom were at risk for suicidality and depression.
• Developed Participant Plan of Care (PPC) and provided for re-evaulation and revision of plan.
• Other responsibilities include: interviewing and screening referrals, making home visits, and evaluating psychosocial needs of all participants.
December 2015 to July 2016
• Responsibilities included: crisis management and assessment, intake and referral for placement of patients within various psychiatric programs, case coordination with community referral sources, insurance and payment verification, and utilization review for initial placement of patients.
• Part of a clinical team as the first point of contact for individuals seeking voluntary acute inpatient care.
• Collaborated and consulted with local hospitals, out-patient clinics, psychiatrists, and the individual in severe mental health crisis to ensure appropriate placement and positive engagement with those in need of immediate care.
June 2015 to December 2015
• Provided services which include: brokerage, psychotherapy, treatment planning and maintaining, crisis prevention and mobilization of community resources to prevent higher levels of care.
Acting Functions, ~~~~~~:
• Maintained a caseload of up to 20 patients with primary diagnosis including: Major Depressive Disorder, Psychotic Disorder NOS, Schizophrenia with AH and VH, Bipolar, Anti-Social Personality Disorder, PTSD, and Borderline Personality Disorder.
September 2014 to May 2015
• Complete biopsychosocialcultural assessments.
• Working collaboratively as part of a culturally diverse team of social workers, childcare workers, and medical staff.
• Collaborating with individuals and family, preventive services, community organizations and ACS/CPS/and APS (when appropriate) to develop individual and family-specific, personalized plans.
• Using cultural competence and sensitivity with diverse clients, including use of interpretive services for deaf clients and non-English speaking clients.
• Follow-up with individuals and family after discharge to support and make referrals to preventative services when appropriate.
• Part of a team which serves as a referral resource and works in a key role with the New York City Emergency Management Services City Wide and in the Bronx.
September 2013 to May 2014
• Multi-Cultural clinical work with a student body that has a minority enrollment of 100% (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 51%.
• Psychotherapeutic counseling with a middle school student population ages 11 to 14 years old in one-on-one individual and group sessions.
• Helped to create in-depth assessment tools for health and mental health analysis.
• Collaborated with mid and high-risk students with suicidal ideations and self-harming indicators in safety contracting and self-esteem building.
• Conducted a year-long health and mental health research project.
• Created strengths-based interventions and treatment plans for over seventy at-risk adolescents, ages 11-14.
August 2012 to August 2013
• Interviewed, hired, and trained incoming community habilitation instructors and respite specialists.
• Conducted orientations, teaching new hires how to advocate and motivate the consumers through self-empowerment and valued goals and outcomes on a case-by-case basis.
• Educated new hires on mandatory reporting.
• Collaborated with psychiatrists, case managers, and cognitive behavioral therapists in assessing cognitive and behavioral outcomes for children.
• Connected medically fragile and developmentally challenged children and their families with direct care services.
Master of Social Work
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
Associate Clinical Social Worker (ACSW)
• Intervention&Treatment Planning
• At Risk-Youth Intervention
• Inmate Rehabilitation
• Restorative Justice Model
• 6+ years of Social Service and Behavioral Health
• Mandated Reporting Trainer
• Diverse Sensitivity Trainer
• Substance Abuse Treatment
• Public Speaking
• Excellent Written and Verbal Skills
• Motivational Interviewing
• RecoveryAfterAnInitial Schizophrenia Episode (RAISE)
• Integrated-DualDisorder Treatment (IDDT)
• The Club House Model
• CBT/DBT/Narrative Therapy
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook); Qualitative and Quantitative
Methodologies; In-depth Interviewing; Analyzing, Compiling, and Coding Research and Data; Excellent Oral and Written Communication; Proficient in Quadramed, Provider, Sirus, and Clinician’s Gateway clinical recording as well as MedHost and SalesForce and Medi-Cal documentation.